What kinds of impurities are present in crude vegetable oil?
Crude vegetable oil is extracted from oilseeds through pressing or solvent extraction method. Oilseeds themselves may bring into some impurities, and the solvent extraction method may exist solvent rezidual. Refining means to get rid of the impurities present in the crude vegetable oil to get the fined edible oil.
The impurities in crude vegetable oil
Generally speaking, impurities present in crude vegetable oil can be devided into four kinds. Next, I will introduce them one by one.
1. Mechanical impurities
Mechanical impurities refer to sediment, billet powder, cake residue, fiber, grass clippings and other solid impurities that are mixed into the oil during vegetable oil making process or storage.
Such impurities are insoluble in fats and oils, so they can be removed by filtration or sedimentation method.
2. Moisture impurities
The presence of moisture impurities makes the oil color darker, produces odor, promotes rancidity, reduces the quality and use value of the vegetable oil. And it is not conducive to vegetable oil safe storage.
The vegetable oil refinery plant often uses heating to remove moisture impurities in atmospheric pressure or reduced pressure condition.
3. Colloidal impurity
The colloidal impurities are easily affected by moisture, temperature and electrolytes.
Colloidal impurities presence in the crude vegetable oil is often removed by hydration or addition of an electrolyte for acidification or alkali refining.
4. Fat-soluble impurities
The presence of free fatty acids in fat-soluble impurities affects the flavor and edible value of the oil and increase the speed of oil rancidity.
In vegetable oil refining process, fat-soluble impurities are often removed by alkali refining and distillation.
Leave a message
If you wanna to get more details about What kinds of impurities are present in crude vegetable oil?, you can send E-mail to email@example.com . Or you can consult our professional engineers and specialized sales team by leaving a message in below form. We will contact you ASAP. You also can visit our factory in Henan, China.
- Continuous palm oil physical refining process flow chart introduction
- The function of vacuum system in edible oil refinery plant
- Edible oil refining process flow chart introduction
- Why crude edible oil should be refined?
- The bleaching process of crude vegetable oil
- The difference between RBD palm oil and RBD palm olein
- Engineers go to factory for negotiating the delivery matter of 60tpd edible oil refinery plant project in Pakistan
- Ethiopian customer came to see sunflower oil refinery machine
- How to set up a cooking oil refinery plant with small budget?
- 100TPD continuous palm oil physical refining process technical training
- 5tpd palm oil refinery and fractionation plant in Nigeria project is installing
- Edible oil refinery plant manufacturer will participate in the exhibition in Turkey
Leave a message