What is physical refining of edible oil?
Physical refining of edible oil is also called steam distillation deacidification, which is according to the characteristics of volatile difference between triglycerides and free fatty acids (under vacuum condition), in high vacuum (0.6 kPa) atmospheric pressure and high temperature (240 ~ 260 ℃) to remove free fatty acids and other volatile substances from oil by water vapor distillation.
The boiling point of different fatty acids under different conditions:
|Fatty acid||No water vapor (atmospheric pressure)||Fatty acid : water vapor|
|Atmospheric pressure (1 : 2.5)||20kPa (1 : 1)|
Physical refining of edible oil is particularly suitable for low-gum tropical oil seeds, such as palm and coconut, etc, and for refining animal fats.
In edible oil physical refining process, steam distillation can not only remove acid, but also can achieve removing solvent in leaching oil, deodorized, detoxified (organochlorine in rice bran oil and some cyclic hydrocarbons and other toxic substances) and partially decolorized.
Edible oil physical refining process
The crude oil quality requirements before physical deacidification:
The quality of crude edible oil and its pretreatment quality are the preconditions of physical refining of edible oil. Non-hydrophilic phospholipids in crude edible oil are mostly carriers of metal ions such as calcium, magnesium and iron, which can lead to a deeper color, less transparency, lower flavor and stability, and even make the deacidification and deodorization process fail. Therefore, in the edible oil physical refining process, the crude edible oil must be pretreated degumming and decoloring.
The key point of physical refining of edible oil:
1. Steam distillation deacidification(continuous)
The direct steam consumption: 1%-4%G0; (0.1-0.2MPa)
2. Cooling and filter
The characteristics of physical refining of edible oil:
1. Less consumption of auxiliary materials, no sewage;
2. Simple process, less equipment, low operating cost;
3. High refining rate;
4. Fined edible oil is of high quality;
5. Physical refining of edible oil has some limitations;
6. After physical refining of edible oil, if the oil color is deep, it is difficult to remove.
Physical refining of edible oil and chemical refining of edible oil both have their own advantages. Henan Doing Company is a professional manufacturer of edible oil refinery machine. If you have any question, our engineer will explain to you. Welcome to write down your message!
Leave a message
If you wanna to get more details about What is physical refining of edible oil?, you can send E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Or you can consult our professional engineers and specialized sales team by leaving a message in below form. We will contact you ASAP. You also can visit our factory in Henan, China.
- What is the significance of edible oil storage? The ways to store edible oil and the application technology
- The cooking oil filter machines used in edible oil refinery plant
- Palm kernel oil refinery plant working principle with diagram
- What kinds of impurities are present in crude vegetable oil?
- Decolorization process of edible oil refining technology
- How to calculate the loss of refined edible oil?
- Technical department of DOING Company holds year-end summary meeting
- How much will it cost to set up a mini palm oil refinery plant in Nigeria?
- How about the price of edible oil refinery machine in India?
- How to choose edible oil refinery plant manufacturers?
- What is the price of edible oil refinery machinery manufactured in China?
- Zambian customer came to visit Doing Factory for soybean oil refining machine
Leave a message