Biodiesel could ease U.S. “blend wall”
(Reuters) – Biodiesel could in future ease so-called ethanol “blend wall” concerns facing the U.S. transportation fuel industry, whose capacity to blend corn ethanol in gasoline is nearing its physical limit.
The biodiesel industry has ample production capacity and has considerable feedstock flexibility while diesel fuel faces no looming blending limits.
Those advantages seem to assure a growing role for U.S. biodiesel in the long-term.
The debate on how to solve the near-term ethanol blend wall problem is polarised between continuing as normal (as supported by corn growers and ethanol producers) or temporarily waiving all or part of the ethanol mandate (supported by the refining industry).
It is unclear whether the implementing Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has the authority to use biodiesel to head off the present problem, by substituting for corn ethanol.
Certainly it used biodiesel this year to make up for a shortfall in advanced, cellulosic ethanol.
And in the longer term, EPA has projected a rapidly rising role for biodiesel.
That may head off, or at least delay, a recurrence of future gasoline blending walls.
The expanded targets for biodiesel this year will represent about 2.9 percent of all U.S. diesel fuel, according to EPA, while all engine warranties allow at least 5 percent blends, and non-road uses allow much more.
Leave a message
If you wanna to get more details about Biodiesel could ease U.S. “blend wall”, you can send E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Or you can consult our professional engineers and specialized sales team by leaving a message in below form. We will contact you ASAP. You also can visit our factory in Henan, China.
- Engineers go to factory for negotiating the delivery matter of 60tpd edible oil refinery plant project in Pakistan
- Ethiopian customer came to see sunflower oil refinery machine
- How to set up a cooking oil refinery plant with small budget?
- 100TPD continuous palm oil physical refining process technical training
- 5tpd palm oil refinery and fractionation plant in Nigeria project is installing
- Edible oil refinery plant manufacturer will participate in the exhibition in Turkey
- Continuous palm oil physical refining process flow chart introduction
- The function of vacuum system in edible oil refinery plant
- Edible oil refining process flow chart introduction
- Why crude edible oil should be refined?
- The bleaching process of crude vegetable oil
- The difference between RBD palm oil and RBD palm olein
Leave a message